Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Rod

"A refusal to correct is a refusal to love, love your children by disciplining them." The Message Bible

I had a friend once who called because she couldn't figure out why her boys were so bad. "I obey the Word of God" she said. "I don't spank my kids and I give them everything they want." (Spare the rod spoil the child interpreted wrong...) The answer was clearly laid out in the Bible. What they needed was a good spanking. Proverbs 23:13-14 NIV says "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die, Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death."

Ladies we are responsible for the future well-being of our children. If they cannot submit to authority at 2, 3, 5 or 10 how can we expect them to at 18 or 21? A spanking now is better then jail or prison time in the future. We teach them what authority is and that there is a consequence for disobedience.

First time response!! It is time to get up and make them obey!! Sometimes I have to get up 20 times before my boys get it right! Let me tell you it is hard work and it is EXHAUSTING!!! I would like to sit and just tell my kids how they need to act and have them do it the first time, but that is not always reality.

Proverbs 22:6 says "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Ladies our kids are the example to a group of lost children. All eyes are on us (and them). When we walk through the store there should be a difference between our kids and theirs. When we visit friends, our kids should be a pleasure to have over. And when they aren't, teach them to be with a good spanking.

In Christ,
Rachele Brannon

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista!!! Very well put.....I can already tell Karis is gonna need quite a lot of us "not" sparing the rod:) I can understand how it can be exhausting but just as in other things with infants and children, consistancy is key. I know when I am consistant in routine with Karis she is such a pleasant baby to be with but if that routine is inconsistant and sparatic she gets pretty upset! Thanks for the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!! Great word Sis =)

    ReplyDelete